Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tortilla Rolls

A while ago a friend of mine shared this amazing recipe. These simple and delicious rolls are perfect appetizers for any occasion. And the best part is that they can be prepared in advance. After I had them for the first time, I thought several times to make them myself. But somehow it never became front burner priority. Then recently, I wanted to prepare appetizer and I did not want to put much efforts. Luckily, I had all ingredients available so could not wait to give it a shot!

Original recipe had green onions and jalapeno but I added green pepper and black olives and sprinkled taco seasoning as well. Instead of serving them immediately I wrapped the entire roll in plastic wrap and refrigerated for couple of hours.

Makes 35-40 rolls
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: NIL + Refrigeration time

Ingredients
4 pc tortillas
3 tbsp sour cream (at room temperature)
5 tbsp cream cheese (at room temperature)
4 tbsp green onions, finely chopped
4 tbsp green pepper, finely chopped
4 tbsp jalapeno, finely chopped
4 tbsp black olives, finely chopped
4 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tsp taco seasoning

Procedure
1. Mix sour cream and cream cheese thoroughly
2. Spread this on tortilla and add all veggies
3. Sprinkle taco seasoning
4. Make a tight roll, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for couple of hours
5. Cut into 1/2" thick rolls


These rolls can be served with salsa. Although they taste equally good just like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment