Usually Indian desserts are high calorie food, full of ghee, sugar and/or khoya. But these laddoos are undeniably low-calorie, healthy and easy to make, you can actually make them in no time. They do not ask for any special ingredients or any advanced preparation. Okay, enough of praises. I wanted to make something for Janmashtami, which I can use on my fasting day as well. So here I am..
Makes about 10-12 laddoos
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: 15 Minute
1-cup dates (About 12 pc)
½ cup walnuts (About 6-7 pc)
½ tbsp ghee
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp grated coconut (optional)
1. Finely chop dates and coarsely grind walnuts
2. Heat ghee in skillet, add dates, sugar and stir for about 8-10 minutes until dates start melting down and they become soft
3. Turn off the heat and add walnuts, mix them thoroughly
4. Make balls while mixture is still warm
5. Roll the balls in grated coconut
Yummy balls are ready. They can be refrigerated for couple of weeks.