Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ricotta Cherry Parfait

Summer is just around the corner. And who does not like light, quick and easy dessert? I have prepared "Must Have Items in Summer" list. If you have them in your pantry, there are quite a few ideas of quick fix desserts. This list includes Ricotta Cheese, Condensed Milk, Cocoa Powder, Graham Crackers, Chocolate Chips, Whipped Cream, Canned/Frozen Cherries/Berries and Confectioner's Sugar. The other night I was looking at my pantry and freeze and came up with this idea; why not to create layers of ricotta cheese and fruits and then add crackers and nuts to have crunchiness? I did not have Sundae Glasses so instead I used regular bowl. If you have this slick and sexy glass, you can taste all the ingredients in every bite.

Anyway, I prepared small sample first and both of us loved it. I was not sure what to name it then. So I started looking online and found out that it was type of an American Dessert where cream/nuts/fruits/yogurt were layered and served cold. It's called parfait which is derived from French Cuisine. So here is my very own version of Ricotta Cherry Parfait.

Serves 2
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: NIL
Refrigeration Time: 1 to 2 Hr

Ingredients
4 tbsp ricotta cheese
2 tsp Greek yogurt
2 tsp confectioner's sugar
15-20 pc canned cherries along with juice (Alternatively, fruit jam can also be used)
8 pc graham crackers
10-12 pc almonds, slivered

Procedure
1. Toast almonds at 300 F for about 5-7 minute, keep them aside
2. Mix cheese, yogurt and sugar, whisk thoroughly
3. Roughly chop graham crackers
4. In a glass, create layers of cheese mixture, cherry and crackers. Top it with almonds
5. Serve chilled



No comments:

Post a Comment