This summer we moved to a bigger place and finally we could check off two items on our wishlist: A Patio Swing and An Outdoor Grill. We ordered them online as soon as we moved and fortunately got them delivered super quick to make the best use for this summer.
We have owned electric grill for quite some time but hardly have hands on experience with gas grill. So after successfully trying simple recipe like burger, I was all set to cook REAL food. And what better way to kick start Memorial Day Weekend?
These rolls are combination of pizza and sandwich. They are stuffed with grilled veggies, marinara sauce, pesto sauce and cheese. Crunchy from outside and moist and juicy from inside, these rolls are perfect supper for summer night.
Preparation Time: 45 Minute (including sauce)
Cooking Time: 30 Minute
1 medium Italian eggplant
1 large zucchini
8 pc mixed sweet peppers
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup marinara sauce
4 tbsp basil pesto
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
4 pc tomato basil tortilla
Salt and pepper
1. Cut eggplant and zucchini into 1/4 inch thick slices
2. In a large bowl, generously coat eggplant, zucchini and peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
3. Grill them on medium flame as desired
4. Peel off the skin of peppers and cut all veggies in medium size chunks
5. Now take a roll, spread pesto, pile grilled veggies and spinach, add sauce and cheese
6. Grill the roll till golden marks appear
7. Garnish with sauce, cheese and fresh basil leaves