Monday, January 10, 2011

Moong Dal Sandwich

We both love different experiments with sandwich. The other day I wanted to have sandwich provided stuff is not based on potatoes and I also did not have spinach or cheese to try palak-paneer sandwich. So I asked mom on the phone and she suggested me this recipe. I found it worth trying and here I am!

Makes 8 Sandwiches
Preparation Time: 30 Minute + soaking and cooling time
Cooking Time: 30 Minute

Ingredients
1 cup moong dal
1 medium onion
1 tbsp ginger chili paste
¼ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp clove-cinnamon powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp sesame seeds
¼ tsp aamchur
½ tsp oil
Salt per taste
16 slices of bread
Butter, Green Chutney and ketchup to grill/serve

Procedure
1. Soak moong dal in warm water for about 2-4 hours
2. Wash dal and cook it with little water (Do not cook in completely, grains should remain separated and little hard). Let it cool down for some time
3. Heat oil in skillet, add mustard seeds and sesame seeds
4. Add chopped onions and cook until golden brown
5. Add onions to moong dal, add remaining spices
6. Grill the sandwich using butter and green chutney
7. Serve hot

I am happy that now I know one more variety in sandwiches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment