Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bhature

I am back! Things have been little hectic and I did not have time to write or experiment anything new. When I was making these Bhature I wasn't hoping high but to my surprise they indeed came out good.

Though Parathas are my favorite combination with Chhole, sometimes I give in to HIS requests and make Puris. Then lately when I made chhole, I thought to give a shot to Bhatura. They can be prepared with using yeast or baking soda. Ideally they should be prepared with only plain flour/Maida. But me being health freak, I used equal quantities of both plain flour and whole wheat flour. One advantage of using whole wheat flour is that it consumes/absorbs less oil while frying. And also they remain soft even after cooling down.

Makes 7-8 Bhature
Preparation Time: 10 Minute + rising time
Cooking Time: 20 Minute

Ingredients
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dry yeast
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup yogurt
Salt
Oil for frying

Procedure
1. Mix yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water and keep it aside for 30 minute till it becomes frothy
2. Mix both flours and sieve with oil
3. Add salt, sugar, yogurt and knead dough using yeast mixture (No need to add extra water)
4. Cover the dough and keep it aside for about 1-2 hour till it gets doubled in size
5. Knead again with little oil, divide it into equal balls and roll into thick Bhaturas (About 8-7' in diameter)
6. Deep fry and serve hot

No comments:

Post a Comment