I already have American version of fruit salad which can be served in dessert. Here I am going to share Indian/ Gujarati version which is usually served as a part of main course.
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 40 Minute + chilling time
10 cup whole milk
2.5 cup sugar
2-3 tbsp custard powder (Though I prefer Jell-O Vanilla Pudding dry mix)
4-5 cup fruits of your choice (I use 1 apple, 2 bananas, 20-25 pc red grapes and a small handful of pomegranate seeds), peeled and finely diced
1. In a thick bottom pan, bring milk to boil
2. Mix custard/pudding powder with little milk and add it to boiling milk
3. Add sugar and again bring it to boil
4. Turn off the heat hen sugar is completely dissolved
5. Refrigerate and when ready to serve, add fruits
6. Serve cold
P.S. This boiled milk can be refrigerated for 4-5 days. Just add the fruits and it’s ready!