Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chocolate-Strawberry Cupcake (Eggless)

Tangy strawberries baked in rich chocolate and then topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce..just one word YUMMY! Summer has started and so are my experiments with baking :). It's great that during summer we easily get fresh fruits. Just last weekend we picked strawberries and I could not wait to use them in my chocolate cake. I avoid eggs as much as possible so when I start baking sometimes I am not sure whether my cake will be soft and spongy. Usually when we bake without egg, it becomes very dense and heavy. I did a little experiment by replacing butter with canola oil and yes, eggless cake can be just perfect!

Makes 12-16 small cupcakes
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: 40 Minute

Ingredients
3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp canola oil/ 3 tbsp butter
3/4 cup milk
3-4 pc strawberries, diced

To serve,
Whipped cream
Chocolate syrup
Strawberries

Procedure
1. Preheat oven at 180 C/350 F
2. In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients and gradually add all wet ingredients
3. Mix well using spatula or hand whisk (Do not use electric mixer)
4. Add cut strawberries and mix well
5. Pour the mixture in cupcake pan and bake until toothpick comes out clean (about 20-25 minute)

How to serve,
Option 1
Top it with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup



Option 2
Glaze with milk chocolate (Sweet or Semi-sweet) and top with toasted walnuts



No comments:

Post a Comment