Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Soji Corn Appe

I try to keep weeknight meals simple and healthy. That way I have to spend less time in the kitchen and I can have fun with my two little angels.

My little girl can have Sambhar almost everyday.  So I am glad to offer her one more option that goes perfectly well with Sambhar. Today after dinner she asked me if we still have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.  Isn't it cool?

These balls are crispy from outside and soft from inside.  You can use any veggies of your choice.  I used corn, tomato and green pepper. Making them in appe pan means they are almost oil free. They turn out super crispy and can be made in advance.  Just re-heat them in conventional oven and serve with Sambhar/Chutney.


Makes about 45 pcs
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
1.5 cup idli rava
1/2 cup soji
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp green chili paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp cilantro
1 medium tomato
1 small green pepper
3/4 cup + 1/4 cup corn kernels
A big pinch of soda
Salt
Oil

Procedure
1. Mix both flours in a large bowl
2. Chop tomato and green pepper and add them to flour
3. Boil corn.  Chop/crush 3/4 cup. Add both crushed ones and whole ones to flour mixture
4. Add remaining ingredients except soda
5. Mix well with warm water and keep it aside for at least couple of hours
6. When ready to make, add soda and mix again
7. Heat appe pan and cook on both sides with little oil. I cook first side covered and then transfer them to flat skillet to cook on other side
8. Serve hot or re-heat in conventional oven to maintain the texture




No comments:

Post a Comment