Friday, July 9, 2010

Firni

I have always loved this dessert, specially the way mom used to serve in earth ware. Cannot even remember when I had this last, but yesterday all of a sudden I started craving for this. I searched for a recipe online and then adapted it for my taste.
Considering, first attempt and my impatient nature while making dessert, it indeed came out good.

Serves 4
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: 40 Minute

Ingredients
4 cups whole milk
4 tbsp rice
6-8 tbsp sugar, as per taste
1 tsp cardamom powder
Sliced Almond-Pistachio for garnishing

Procedure
1. Soak rice in warm water for about an hour
2. Grind rice along with ½ cup of milk and make a fine paste
3. Add rice paste to remaining milk
4. In a thick bottom pan, bring milk to boil, stir continuously to avoid lumps
5. Once starts boiling, add sugar, stir continuously
6. Once it starts becoming consistent paste like structure, turn off the heat
7. After cooling down, add cardamom powder
8. Pour this mixture in individual serve ware
9. Garnish with sliced almond and pistachio
10. Serve cold



No comments:

Post a Comment