Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tea Masala

Though I don’t drink tea at all, sometimes have to make for Kunal and once in a while for guests too. I thought as I do not drink, probably I cannot make either. But I have been told that tea turns out very good, especially with fresh mint and ginger. So far I used tea masala sent by mom in parcel every year but this time I just forgot to ask her. Before buying from Indian grocery store, I preferred to ask mom first about recipe and luckily, I had all ingredients available.

Though I do not drink tea, I love this masala in milk, particularly on a rainy day.

Yields about 1/4 cup
preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: NIL

Ingredients
5 tsp સૂન્ઠ(dried ginger)
3 tsp pepper powder – about 30 pieces whole pepper corns
1 tsp cinnamon powder – 1 big stick
1 tsp clove powder – about 15 pieces
1 tsp ગન્ઠોડા powder

Procedure
Mix and grate all ingredients into fine powder. 
Store in a tight container

We do not use this masala on regular basis and just a pinch is required, so it lasts about couple of months for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment