Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alu Pudina (Mint) Raita

As much as I hate plain yogurt, I love chutney and raita. I had this raita first time at Sachin’s in Mulund, Mumbai. And since then, it has become my favorite raita. Whenever I buy mint for pani-puri or chutney in bulk, I make sure to make this raita couple of times. With rice or paratha or just as a side dish, it fits well with all kinds of menus.

Yields about 1 cup
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: NIL

Ingredients
½ cup plain yogurt
8-10 mint leaves, chopped
¼ cup potato, boiled and diced
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp crushed cumin powder
¼ tsp red chili powder
¼ tsp green chili, chopped
1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
Salt

Procedure
1. Beat the curd and all ingredients
2. Add little water if required
3. Refrigerate it and serve cold

No comments:

Post a Comment