Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rajagara(Raagi) Paratha/ રાજગરા થેપલા

I have to come up with creative ideas in this category since HE fasts on Saturdays. I know a few dishes like રાજગરા શીરો, થેપલા, સૂકી ભાજી, સાબુદાણા ખીચડી, ફરાળી પેટીસ, મોરૈયો, સૂરણ-શક્કરિયાનુ શાક but somehow I have to drag myself to cook Saturday lunch. I try to bring variety yet keep it simple. As we both love સાબુદાણા ખીચડી very much, 7 out of 10 time we settle for this dish. But now I am fed up of this and badly want some change. So I made these parathas last Saturday.

Make 6-7 parathas
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: 20 Minute

Ingredients
1 cup raagi flour
1 tsp oil
¼ tsp red chili powder
½ tsp sesame seeds
½ tsp chopped green chilies
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt
Oil for making parathas

Procedure
1. Mix flour with oil and sieve it
2. Add remaining spices and knead medium soft dough
3. Divide dough into balls and roll it between two oil applied plastic sheets
4. Cook them on griddle with oil
5. Serve hot with yogurt or alu curry


No comments:

Post a Comment