Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Garlic Pickle

I have never been much fond of Pickle. I mainly like ખાટુ અથાણુ only. So whenever mom sends parcel from India, I ask her to send this pickle. As consumption is very less, I tell her to send it in a small jar only and instead send extra dry pickle masala. Whenever I really crave for pickle, I make it fresh using this masala and finish it within a week or so. Apart from traditional ingredient i.e. mango, I also use carrot, peas and ટીન્ડોળા. Being winter, I thought to experiment, to try the same masala with garlic. We tried it with Khichdi and went nicely.

Yields ½ cup
Preparation Time: 5 Minute
Cooking Time: 10 Minute

Ingredients
¼ cup garlic (10-12 cloves)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp pickle masala

Procedure
1. Fine chop garlic and keep it aside
2. Heat oil in a skillet on low flame
3. When heated, add garlic
4. Sauté it for about 7-8 minute without letting it burnt
5. Turn off the heat and let the garlic cool down completely
6. Now add pickle masala and lemon juice. Mix well
7. Refrigerate in air-tight glass jar and consume within 5-7 days

No comments:

Post a Comment