Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sev/ સેવ

During my teenage days, I was never much into spending time in the kitchen let alone cooking. But there were certain dishes which I would want homemade with particular taste. And this snack is one among them. However hard I tried, I could never develop taste bud for store bought pack. Before I started learning cooking even regular simple menu, I had made up my mind that I had to know how to prepare this one. It asks for few simple ingredients, but I could never make proper dough in one shot. It was always trial and error process and I got more irritated with mess created after such trial and error than the actual making process. Anyway, today I started very patiently and in the vey fist attempt, I had it right!!

Makes about 2 LB (About 14-15 batches)
Preparation Time: 15 Minute
Cooking Time: 30 minute

Ingredients
3 and ¼ cup gram flour/besan
3 tbsp oil
¼ tsp asafetida
½ tsp red chili powder
1 tsp white chili powder
¼ tsp black salt
Salt
Oil for frying

Procedure
1. In a large bowl mix oil and ¾ cup water and whisk thoroughly
2. Add all dry spices and mix well
3. Now add flour and blend completely
4. Now brush oil inside the machine and close the lead tightly
5. Heat oil in frying pan and deep fry Sev on medium-high flame until light pink and crispy
6. Once cool down store in a tight container



No comments:

Post a Comment