Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spinach Pasta w/ Roasted Red Pepper

Pasta without marinara sauce can taste just perfect, sometimes even better! Though I had planned to use only white sauce, I wanted my pasta colorful. So I added spinach pulp to sauce to offer green base and then added roasted red pepper. I was surprised to find out how a little change can bring a big difference, I am glad that now I know one more pasta variety. I had used just regular white sauce with little cheese, but if you are not carefully watching your weight, go for alfredo sauce :)

Serves 3-4
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: 40 Minute

Ingredients
3 cup pasta (I used penne)
2 cup spinach pulp (Blend raw spinach with little water)
½ cup parmesan cheese
2-3 cloves of garlic
A large red pepper
Salt and pepper

Procedure
1. Roast red pepper in oven or on gas, take off the skin and cut it into small pieces
2. Boil pasta and keep it aside
3. Prepare white sauce, add minced garlic, ¼ cup parmesan cheese and spinach pulp
4. In a large oven safe bowl/tray, mix white sauce mixture, roasted red pepper and pasta
5. Top it with remaining ¼ cup cheese and black pepper
6. Bake it at 350 F for about 20 minute or until cheese starts bubbling
7. Serve hot with your favorite side – soup, salad, mashed potato or garlic bread

2 comments: