Sunday, August 8, 2010

Spinach Linguine

I would not dare making pasta without marinara sauce. But then few days back, I overheard Rachel Ray making something with Linguine, Meat and Spinach, an Italian Dish without Marinara Sauce?! I missed the recipe and just saw the complete dish in the end and I thought I could play with the ingredients to make veg version. And I must say, we both were damn happy to have such a wonderful Sunday dinner. We just finished having it and still looking forward to have leftover tomorrow!!

Serves 6
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cooking Time: 30 Minute

Ingredients
1 packet Linguine (1 Lb)
3 cup chopped spinach
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 cup halved cherry tomatoes (About 20 pc)
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp basil
3 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper

Procedure
1. Cook linguine as per instructions and keep it aside
2. Grind spinach in food processor with just little water and make a smooth paste
3. Prepare white sauce and add minced garlic, parmesan cheese and spinach paste to it
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet; add cherry tomatoes, salt and basil
5. Once tomatoes turn soft and look juicy, add linguine
6. Lastly, add white sauce and spinach mixture
7. Serve hot

We had this with Garlic Bread and I felt so good, to try something new, something different which in end turned out delicious. Just the white sauce works equally well as marinara sauce and now I can add more variety to my pasta dishes..


No comments:

Post a Comment