Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chunky Avocado Salsa

Salsa and Dorritos was my favorite snack during my earlier days in US. Every week when we would go for grocery, we would make sure to buy salsa and chips. But after sometime, I lost crave and also realized store bought salsa is full of vinegar and preservatives. So using avocado I tried making it home and now I think it’s up to the mark to share recipe on my blog.

Yields 1.5 cup
Preparation Time: 15 minute
Cooking Time: NIL

Ingredients
1 medium avocado
1 tomato
1 onion
2 hot jalapenos
2 stems of cilantro

For dressing
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp lemon juice (Vinegar is better option though)
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt and Pepper

For Garnishing
5-6 cherry tomatoes (optional)

Procedure
1. Mix all ingredients for dressing and whisk them thoroughly
2. Finely chop tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro
3. Mash avocado with potato masher and add to dressing
4. Garnish with cherry tomatoes cut in halves
5. Refrigerate for couple of hours before serving



No comments:

Post a Comment